Back in Black Turns 40
Back in Black Album Facts
Released: July 25th, 1980
- Back in Black is the band's 7th album and was recorded at the famed Compass Point Studios in Nassau, the Bahamas. The studio was opened by Island Records founder Chris Blackwell to offer ambiance and privacy to act and for decades albums by a diverse set of bands including The Rolling Stones and The Tragically Hip were crafted there.
- It is the band's first album to feature vocalist Brian Johnson, following the sudden death of Bon Scott mere months earlier in the year.
- Back in Black was an unprecedented success. It has sold an estimated 50 million copies worldwide. It is one of the best-selling albums in music history. The band supported the album with a yearlong world tour, cementing them among the most popular music acts of the early 1980s.
- And licensees like Get Down Art are doing their best to sell shirts to every last fan. Check out the collection!
- Back in Black Album Release Tour Poster
Leave a comment